Please find details of the cup draws for this years various cup competitions on the links on the left and may I also take this opportunity to remind members that Umbro match balls must be used in all CUFL and CFAI cup competitions. Failure to do so will result in sanction against the home team. There will be an open draw after round two of all cup games.
Joe O'Brien DIT will be responsible for all CFAI Cup competitions for 09/10. All first rounds are to be played on or before 19th November. All results are to be sent to Joe immediately after the game by email or text at: email@example.com or 086 195 3854
The majority of the rules are the same as the league, however here are a few questions and answers of common queries. Please note the change in number 5 as opposed to previous years due to members representations to the executive of budgetary cuts and the neccessity to reduce costs.
1.Whose responsibility is it to report the result? It is the responsibility of the home team to email or text( to the address above) the result within 24hours of the match ending.
2 Where do we sent the match card? Completed match cards and any referees report are to be sent to Joe O'Brien at DIT, Faculty of Tourism and Food,Cathal Brugha Street, Dublin 1
3. What happens in the event of the match ending a draw? In the event of extra time 15mins each way will be played, following that a peno shootout (5penos each, followed by sudden death)
4.How many subs can we use? You can use 5 substitutes from a list of 7.
5. Do we need 3 officals? No, as opposed to previous years only 1 official will be required for the first 2 rounds of Umbro Cup games.
6. What match card do we use? You can use the online match card for the Umbro Colleges & Universities league ( Just note its a cup game on the front page)
7. Do we have to use Umbro Balls? YES, it is a requirement that all teams use Umbro match balls for all league & cup competitions. Failure to do so will result in sanction against the home team.
8. Do we go into the plate if we lose in round 2 of a cup? No, only teams that lose in round 1 will go into the Umbro Plate
9. Do we go into the plate if we got a bye in round 1 and loose that 1st game? No only teams that loose in round 1 go into the plate.
Should you have any further queries regarding the Cup Competitions just drop an email to Joe.